Sunday, May 18, 2008

We Survived!




Last Thursday night (Friday morning actually) I heard Jackson screaming from his room at around 1am. I went in and turned on the lights and there was puke everywhere. I gave him a bath, changed his sheets, cleaned everything up and called the Pediatrician's office. The nurse on call kept me on the phone for about 20 minutes or so asking a ton of questions and giving me a list of things to reasons to call her back. I grabbed a ton of towels, bibs and burp cloths and put Jackson in bed with me so I could watch him. Every 15 minutes or so he would start throwing up but he was so tired he couldn't even hold up his head. Around 4am his vomit was a bright yellow-green color so I called the nurse back. This time she instructed me to take him to the ER. Since it's down the street we were there very shortly. Jackson was so lethargic that he didn't even care that the nurse was weighing him and poking and prodding. The nurse immediately brought in supplies for blood work and an IV. It took 7 attempts and 5 nurses before they finally got a good vein since he was so dehydrated. It killed us to watch! The first blood sample they took also wasn't good so they had to do that twice. Here's some pictures from our poor baby's first illness. As you can see, he's doing much better today!


1 comment:

Jessica & Clif Barnes said...

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed meeting you and your family. Thanks for letting me borrow Jackson's things for Bennett while we visited The Wilson's. It helped make our visit more comfortable. Also thanks for all the fun clothes. I look forward to wearing them!